Welcome to Saskatoon! The largest city in Saskatchewan, this “Paris of the Prairies” offers plenty to see, hear and do for residents and visitors alike. Here are just a few of the many great things you can experience in sunny Saskatoon.
FOUR OR MORE FUN THINGS TO DO IN SASKATOON
Saskatoon is part of the famous Meewasin River Valley. Full of parks, pathways, culture and wilderness, the trails in the valley are ideal for biking, hiking, or simply taking a stroll to learn more about Saskatoon's history. Even the name Meewasin itself means beautiful!
Saskatoon is also a river city, with paths and trails spanning both sides of the Saskatchewan River. In the summer you’ll enjoy river sports, picnics or lounging on one of the city’s nearby beaches and in the winter you can look forward to skating, snowshoeing or cross country skiing.
Attend a Festival or Two (or three, or four...)...
From performing arts to wine and food, Saskatoon hosts a wide range of festivals and events. Here’s just a glimpse of the many awesome happenings throughout the year:
- The Wintershines Festival - Ice parks, ice sculptures and a celebration of all things winter
- Saskatoon Blues Festival – See the best blues artists from Canada and around the globe
- The Fringe Festival – Buskers, arts and crafts, food and other fun fares
- The Jazz Festival - 10 days of world-renowned jazz, blues, funk, contemporary and pop
- Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan – See Shakespeare’s best works in a beautiful river setting
- The Children’s Festival – Theatre, stories, fun and games just for the kids
- The Enchanted Forest – Drive through a wonderland of lights with 75 festive displays
- Fantastic Film Festival – Award-winning films in a variety of genres from all around the world
Did you know Saskatoon is said to have the highest number of restaurants per capita in Canada? If you can’t find what you’re looking for here, you can’t find it anywhere! Some of Saskatoon’s most famous eateries include:
- Duck Duck Goose Tapas Bar
- Prairie Harvest Café - Ever-changing seasonal-only dishes
- Truffles Bistro – French cuisine
- Pink Cadillacs Diner – 1950's inspired food
And much more! You can see the top recommended restaurants in Saskatoon by clicking here.
Arts and Culture
As you may have been able to tell from the sheer number of festivals throughout the year, Saskatoon is well regarded for its art, music and theatre. See traditional and modern works of art by visiting Remai Modern, AKA Gallery and Paved Arts, or simply take a stroll downtown and ponder the city’s many vibrant murals, sculptures and other public works.
Broadway Ave is home to several diverse live music and theatre venues and history buffs will love seeing the exhibits displayed at the Ukrainian Museum of Canada, the Saskatchewan Indigenous Cultural Centre or the Western Development Museum.
Are You Moving to Saskatoon?
We love having one of our offices in Saskatoon, and we think our team members there would agree that it's a pretty nice place to live. If you're moving to Saskatoon, trust our experienced, local moving company to get you and your things there safely and efficiently. Get your free moving estimate today!